Term of warranty
This warranty is good for 12 months from the date of purchase (final invoice). Please keep your original receipt of purchase, as it will be your proof of warranty.
What is covered
Defective materials and workmanship in Rustix Studio products when they are used and cared for as intended. Please see our “care instructions” below.
What is not covered
• Wood warping of less than 0.6% of the width (cross-grain) of the wood surface.
• Surface cracks less than 1.5mm (1/16”) wide.
• Deflection of resin fills above or below the surrounding wood level by less than 1.5mm (1/16”)
• Stumps or slabs thicker than 4”. Even though these are kiln dried, there are often traces of moisture left deep in the wood. When this moisture eventually leaves, the wood shrinkage will cause further cracking in these cuts of wood. Since cracks in this type of piece are expected they are not considered a defect.
• Damage caused by abuse or misuse.
• Any wood components used outside or subjected to abnormal humidity or prolonged exposure to moisture.
• Shipping damage, unless it is a packaging problem.
• Work done by, or damage caused by, 3rd party installers.
Control the Humidity
Wood movement is most often associated with swings in humidity. Therefore, try to keep relative humidity in the area of your wood furniture between 35% and 50%.
Storage, transportation or use for more than 1 week in conditions out of this range will void this warranty.
Making a claim
Contact us by phone or email to discuss the problem and make sure it is covered by warranty.
If the problem is covered by warranty, Rustix Studio, at their sole discretion, will repair or replace the piece of furniture either in your home or at our workshop. If it has to be sent back to our workshop, we will pick up the piece and re-deliver once complete.
The thickness of the solid wood will allow for refinishing many times. Please feel free to contact us for advice if you would like to refinish or repair it at any point in the future.
HOW TO CARE:
Things to remember to keep your piece looking new.
• Clean with a soft cloth and water. Use a mild soap for stains.
• Hot items need coasters.
• Keep room humidity even to minimize wood movement.
• Move surface items regularly to keep even colour and minimize fading from sunlight.
• Protect your table top when writing.